All (non-national and regional) trains within German cities are called S-Bahn
- Kindly follow the airport guidance system or the sign to the S-Bahn platform
- To go to Munich city centre you can take either the S1 in direction to Ostbahnhof or the S8 in direction to Herrsching, which depart about every 10 minutes
Have another look on the map of the public transportation system. It will help you get around the city.
Ticketmachines can be found at the airport and on the platforms of the trains.
Since you have the chance to buy a semester ticket once you are registered at MUAS, when first arriving you should get one of the following tickets:
- Airport-City Day Ticket, which costs 13.00 € and is valid for the entire MVV-network (S-Bahn, regional trains, U-Bahn, buses and trams) for one day until 6am the following day
- Single Ticket (4 Zones and more), which costs approximately 11,60 € and is valid for the entire MVV network (please see above). Be aware that the maximum travel time is 4 hours and the ticket is valid for a single trip in the direction of the destination only.It is possible to change and interrupt your trip. However, return and round trips are not allowed.
Always make sure to validate your ticket before boarding the train!
Airport Shuttle Bus
Buses to the city centre depart from Terminal 2, Terminal 1 (Area A), München Airport Center (MAC) and Terminal 1 (Area D). All buses depart every 15 minutes.
Tickets are available directly at the bus driver and the payment is only possible in cash.
Single: 11.00 €
Return: 18.00 €
Taxis from the airport to the city centre depart at:
- Terminal 1 (departure and arrival area)
- Terminal 2 (departure and arrival area)
- München Airport Centre
The travel time is approximately 30 – 45 min (or more, depending on traffic)
A single ride from the airport to the city centre will cost around 75€ (or more)